In a recent interview on French television Prof. Jean-François Toussaint of the Université Paris-Descartes has said that hysteria over a “second wave” in France is based on the widespread misinterpretation of data. His main points are as follows:
1. Deaths in France (and all across Europe) have fallen to almost zero.
2. “Second Wave” headlines are counting “new cases”, not deaths
3. These cases are almost all young, healthy people exhibiting no symptoms
4. Politicians are being irresponsible and scaring people for unnecessarily
5. Scientists on the “Science Council” don’t believe in the measures they’re prescribing and happily break their own rules.
Prof. Toussaint caps it all with this quote:
“There is not, at this time, any scientific argument that attests to the usefulness of masks“WATCH: French Professor says there is no second wave